Friday, February 12, 2010

Week 5 - Video-making!


Okay, with all the CNY buzz I didn't have time to make a new video... So I uploaded one I made back in 2006. =P This video is a tribute to the 05-06 batch of Guitar Ensemble seniors who provided my 06-07 batch with direction.


MY EXPERIENCE MAKING THE VIDEO

1. I didn't have any live footage, sadly. The entire video consists only of photos. But thankfully so, because I think photos are a lot easier to time to the music, unlike videos which have fixed playing times. =P

2. But because there were only photos, there HAD to be music. Otherwise, it would be dead boring, just like watching a PowerPoint presentation. If there were videos, there would probably be dialogue or sounds in those videos, so I could do away with the music...

3. Timing the photos to the music was probably the trickiest part. Maybe it was because there was a shortcut I didn't know, but each time I altered the timing of a photo, I kinda had to manually alter the rest too, it got a little tedious after a while.

4. In general, I think Moviemaker is quite easy to use. But that's also because layman users like us only use a few basic functions, which are easy to manipulate. I've seen professionals use the very same software to come up with amazing videos, how on earth do they do that?!

No comments: